The Alpenrider Ski Area
To sum it up, its a huge area for a weeks riding, Your key to knowing the flow of the crowds and getting the best snow is who you are with, thats what locals are your best bet and why Alpenrider is your choice.
Over 160km of piste over 6 different mountains, all linked with the free ski bus system that connects all parts of the resort, the ski bus stops are all just a few minutes walk way from all accommodation. The resort height is at 900m and the highest lift is at 2004m.
December 2014 - NEW LIFT - The Bichlalm after near 7 years out of access, its back BUT this is a much more advanced are and requires a ski bus trip or car to the lift.
The whole ski area is vast and varied with something for everyone's ability. Blue runs (beginners) are everywhere. It's very easy to navigate and take a day to go with the Alpenrider Guide and explore and have a laugh.
The ski area to be summed up is a free ride resort. Very few hot skiers and boarders tear the powder up first thing, thats our job. You can score fresh powder days after snow falls, unlike the well known resorts of the world that are tracked by lunchtime by every man and his dog. The crowd factor is very low compared to other resorts except Xmas / New Year and Half term February, unless you with Alpenrider and know where to be and at what time !
The Ski Area Stats:
- 168 km of groomed pistes or 1705 acres of groomed ski runs
- 67 km of easy blue pistes or 21 ski runs for the beginners
- 78 km of intermediate red pistes or 26 ski runs for cruisers
- 23 km of difficult black pistes or 13 ski runs for the daredevils
- 8 km of ski mountaineering routes marked but not groomed
- Unlimited off-piste powder fields
- 56 ropeways and lifts
- capacity: 86,800 p/hr
- 9 ropeways
- 29 chair lifts
- 15 T-bars
- 3 conveyor belts
- 30 qualified ski patrollers are permanently on duty
- A team of 7 information assistants provide advise and support
- Powder hunters – Jochberg / Pass Turn / Raintal- Kitz Horn / Penglstein and Hahnenkamm
- Intermediates – Penglestien / Silberstuben / Kitz Horn (Maierls 1, 2 and 3
- Beginners – Aschau / Kitz Horn / Schiwiese Kirchberg and Jochberg valley tee bar
- Sunny Days with your mates – Kitz Horn is fun for all levels, a central meeting spot with huge sun terrace.
- Low Visibility and snowy days – Penglestein and the Maierl 3, Hahnenkamm home run
- People who cant get enough – The Gaisberg on Tuesdays and Thursday has night skiing, it’s an extra € 20 an adultwith the taxi included (based on 4 people)
- Absolute Beginners – Please use a Lesson, you will feel the buzz so much quicker. Go to the ski lessons section on the site for more info or just see Shevy when in resort and he will hook it all up with the best in the area !
- 84 km of slopes equipped with snow-making facilities
- 485 state of the art computer controlled snow canons
- 5 storage lakes boasting a maximum capacity of approx. 230,000m„ (Seidlalm x 2, Ehrenbachhohe,Pengelstein and Resterkogel) 41 state of the art snow cats providing perfect white carpet to ride on.
31 traditional mountain lodges are spread out all over the ski area, ready to serve up that all important hearty Austrian cuisine that they are all too famous for. Choose from a multitude of traditional meals from Wiener schnitzel to healthy salads to keep you going all day. Tip - dont go to big on the food, get a small meal at 11.30am, beat the lunch time crowd and get back out there ! You will get too tired too early if you eat too much !
Pretty much everyone speaks English throughout the resort when you order meals and drinks. Average cost for a main meal lunch at a mountain restaurant is approx €12 - €15. You can grab a Kasespatzl or Tiroler Grostl for €10, a cheap and very tasty feed and you may be able to have two girls share this emal. Large drinks and beers (0.5L) are approx €3.50 each. Maybe a schnapps or two to warm you up and give you that extra bit of bravado for Penglestiens longest run of 6.8km.
Its that easy to say, rain, dump or spring like weather
What our customers say
Perfect, we had a ball and alllowed us the freedom but had that all important arrival info as well as assist…